SYLVIA admitted that her parent's marriage and the stoic way her mummy yielded her position as the first wife to a much younger and ambitious woman prepared her for the way she handled her relationship with men. Her story:When a man suddenly discovered he's scaled the ladder of success faster than he'd envisaged, what does he do when he gets to the top? Chuck his frumpy wife for a more sophisticated model, that's s what! And it happened to my mother – a stark illiterate, my father too couldn't read or write. But he was a fairly successful cocoa farmer and although we weren't exactly rolling on the laps of luxury, we were the envy of our small town; talk about a big fish in a very small pond indeed! We at least had the benefit of a good education. My father had been on the war-path with the leadership of the local Pentecostal church we attended. He disagreed with the procedure used for raising money and how the money was spent. Things finally got to a hea...
DIARY OF A SCARLET WOMAN EPISODE 6 About an hour later, the boys returned with several yellow nylons filled with food, drinks and other edibles. They also got us pizza and ice cream from dominos/cold stone. We got out of the pool in excitement, hungry and ready to devour. They went upstairs, before they found us behind the house. The excitement on their faces showed they loved what they were seeing…3 gorgeous looking girls in bikinis, smoking hot and dripping water. I can only imagine the joy in their hearts. We all sat outside at the grass court to enjoy the food and drinks. They couldn’t take their eyes off us. Stanley winked at me several times as I smiled and blushed. Later in the evening, he took us to the cinemas to see a movie. I got to see the beautiful city of Lagos. The town looked lovely, nice edifices, flashy cars and a busy city. We experienced traffic jam several times before we got to Shoprite Lekki, where the cinema was situated. ...
Depersonalization You’re staring straight ahead. Somehow your awareness peels away from you, in slow motion. It’s like you’ve cracked in two, and one half is facing the wrong way. Are you in your physical body, which you know must still be there? Before you know it, you’re up on the ceiling somewhere, watching yourself down below. I’ve read that depersonalisation is one of the body’s stress responses. You can’t deal with a situation, so it almost ejects you, makes you feel disconnected. Which would be amazing, if it wasn’t so awful. When it first happened to me – to this extreme, at least – I was on holiday with my dad, sister and brother. Something felt off, uncomfortable. I’d been feeling anxious and out of sorts all week, so I went back to the hotel room in the middle of the day. I remember feeling I couldn’t stay still. Things weren’t right. I paced around the hotel room in the heat, wearing my bikini. Pacing was good. I was doing something, and something had to be done. Af...
Comments
Post a Comment