DIARY OF A SCARLET WOMAN

EPISODE 11:

I prepared boiled yam and egg sauce for everyone.
We were enjoying the meal when Stanley walked in. it was past 8pm. “Hello peeps” he greeted everyone and came close to me. “Hi darling. Did you miss me?” he asked while handing me a gift bag.
 I clearly wasn’t interested in his pleasantries. I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. He followed suit. He held me from behind as soon as we got into the kitchen. “I am sorry dear. I was with some of my friends. I went to hang out with them and I didn’t hear my phone ring because of the loud noise at the lounge where we sat. I should have informed you earlier and I am sorry.” He finally said now facing me and looking at my moody face.
He tried to tickle me and flattered me with some sweet names. I finally caved in.
At least he has apologized and with a gift.
I opened the bag and I saw a lovely wristwatch. It was beautiful. I hugged him and planted a soft kiss on his lips. “I hope you love it?” he asked. “Yes dear I love it. Have you eaten?” I said. “Yes dear. I am kind of full. Ate and drank with my friends” he replied. “Ok then, let me wash the dishes and I will join you guys soon” I said. He kissed me and left the kitchen.


My mind was now at rest.
There was no reason to fret in the first place. Who would blame me? I was still a greenhorn in this new found adventure, love, life and to imagine I will be had just lost my pride to him. After washing the dishes, I joined them in the sitting room. They were watching ‘Tinsel’, a drama series on DSTV. Stanley informed us that we will be going for a club party tomorrow.
Party? What kind of party I asked. “Well it’s a surprise party organised by some of my friends in town. So we were all asked to come with our girlfriends and all…don’t worry bae, you will have fun” Stanley said. We didn’t object much, after all, we were all his guest and tomorrow, Monday, is public holiday.
The plan was to return to school on Tuesday against resumption of lectures on Wednesday.
 Anita mentioned she won’t be going with us as she has a date with her man friend tomorrow by 1pm.
 Nma and I looked at her and smiled.
After a while, Stanley bade us goodbye as he went upstairs to sleep.
He planted a kiss on my forehead before he left.
He claimed to be too tired from today’s movement and wanted to get some rest. “Goodnight sweetheart” I said to him as he left.
He shook Andrew’s hands before departing. Something was clearly amiss but I pushed my thoughts aside…


The next day, as planned, after having breakfast, we left the house few minutes past twelve.
 The party venue was in a private beach according to him. It was a pretty long drive from Ikoyi. I later found out we were heading to Ajah, a private beach/resort towards the Epe axis.
We got to the place around 1:20pm.
 Lovely and serene environment.
Fresh planted trees, cool sandy soil with beautiful landscapes.
 We were directed to a private section of the beach where I saw some guys rocking yellow beret on white tops and beautiful ladies dressed in yellow tops and black bum shorts. Some of the ladies in white singlet tops too.
 Was this the reason Stanley asked us to wear white top on black bum short?
I asked myself and why are the guys all wearing yellow berets?
I was still trying to process the whole information, when I turned to see Stanley and Andrew on yellow berets too. Ah!


When we were driving to this place, they were just on a white top and black trousers. I kept calm as we were clearly here to have fun.
 They offered us a seat in one of the tents. The table was filled with drinks and meats of assorted type. So its drink, eat and party. The deejay was already setting up while the sea waves was becoming turbulent. Everywhere was cozy.
I looked at Stanley and smiled as he walked away with some of his friends.
I tapped nma…”babes! What’s up with the dress code on everyone especially the yellow beret?” I asked. She smiled. “Talk jor” I nudged her to speak out. She asked me to check my phone. She didn’t want to say anything because we were not alone.
 I opened my phone and saw her BBM message “I think they are frat boys”…
The party went on cool, the deejay was blazing, drinks overflowing.
They also made fish barbecue with salad.
 I observed the abnormal handshakes the guys exchanged. Even my own Stanley. I never believed in my wildest imagination that Stanley could be a cultist. He looked so gentle and innocent for this. He had never exhibited any violent trait or truancy while in school. So how come? Or maybe I had a wrong perception about school fraternity.
 I had heard a lot about the atrocities they commit in public universities, the killings, theft and hooliganism.



I guess you can never truly know someone, even Andrew, as gentle as a dove. But nma seemed to be cool with it.
Maybe I was just over reacting, I said to myself.
The party went on well.
Fun and exciting as I watched the girls clearly having fun and the guys drinking. Stanley found me a few Metres away from the crowd close to the water bank.
 I was enjoying the cold feel of the water on my bare feet. The gentle breeze was soothing. “Hi dear” he said as I startled. I wasn't expecting him. “You scared me” I said as he held me from behind.
“I am sorry dear. I was searching for you before nma told me you walked towards this direction. Hope all is well?” he asked.
 I looked at him…obviously lost for words. What was the point asking a question I already had an answer to?
I decided to let it slide…”I am fine dear. Just a little bit cold” I replied. He smiled. “I think you have something you want to ask me” he said while holding my face up to look into my eyes. I tried to shy away but he wouldn’t let me. “Are you a cultist?” I finally asked. He smiled and held my hands. “I am not a cultist but I belong to a fraternity. There is a difference” he said leaving me more confused than ever. “I don’t expect you to understand now but with time you will. I just want you to know that you are safe and no harm will come your way” he finally said trying not to let out any more secret.


I exhaled and looked at him again...with no strength to argue further, he bent down and scooped some water and poured on my body. It was cold. I screamed and ran after him to retaliate…it was a fun night as we finally joined the rest of his squad. They played and danced the to some songs I hadn't heard before.
Some of them were smoking while others were frolicking with their girlfriends. I joined in the fun as we drank, danced around a bonfire, gyrating and the guys were screaming some alien phrases.
I tried smoking weed but I sulked at it and nearly choked on it. Nma was laughing at me.
 Away from the gathering, in a cozy corner of the private beach, we had sex on the beach…not the cocktail though *smiles*
 I had been introduced into another world of fun and excitement, there was no going back….....Good girl going bad.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships : Public Ex

News: Cultists kill mate at girlfriend's birthday party

Bedmatics: Bedroom Tactics!