Society : E Go Better

E go better … But it starts with you
Nigeria!!! Because of so many unfortunate occurrences, we have been subjected to deep scrutiny by our fellow Nigerians.
Let me back up a little:

Set the stage. 1990’s thereabouts, I need a loan from the bank. I just walk in, drop my land documents as collateral, they approve the loan, I pay back and we’re done!! My documents are mine, your money is yours.

Set stage 2: 2012: Step through two security doors and a metal detector, get scanned at the inner door, apply for a loan with your land documents, land documents go through several screening processes over a period 3 months, comes back to you, loan denied!!!
                           
So you see where I’m coming from. Due to the rising number of frauds and the fact that most of these institutions have had their fingers burned, they are being extra careful to the point of frustration. Suppose for instance you have your title documents and they somehow appear at a bank to serve as collateral for someone you had no idea existed!!! That’s how bad its gotten.

Today for instance, I went to apply as a volunteer worker somewhere and I was told that I couldn’t start immediately – Reason being that they had to check my background and all because these days they don’t know who is who with all that’s happening in the country. (This is by the way but I hope I’ll be able to post a day to day update of my volunteer experience – Diary of a volunteer worker. Details later!!!)
Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is that there are serious issues at hand, yes, but we need to change. If the next person says A does it so I will, there will be no improvement. Do what is right not what is common. Some people are probably murmuring now that no matter what there will always be the fraudsters and I say ‘So what?’ Does it mean you have to be one? If everyone leaves the defrauding to someone else, won’t the rate decrease drastically or be ultimately non-existent?
This is a cry out to Nigerians!!! Do not be distracted by trivial issues. Look out for the bigger picture. Talk to the ‘man in the mirror’ and make a change!
A little change, you’d be surprised, goes a long way. So today, please please and please, decide to make a change for a positive Nigeria. We say Nigeria would be better but Nigeria is the people so let us be better for a better Nigeria!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships : Public Ex

News: Cultists kill mate at girlfriend's birthday party

Bedmatics: Bedroom Tactics!