Society : Diary Of A Scarlet Woman!!



DIARY OF SCARLET WOMAN

EPISODE 12:

“I don’t think I can continue this relationship anymore. I pray you find someone better…” that was the text I got from Stanley barely 3weeks after I had an abortion.
 Well let me rewind a little bit... After our weekend/holiday groove, we returned to school via flight on the Tuesday.
It was an afternoon flight.
Everything went on well until 4weeks later when I missed my monthly visitor.
 I panicked.
 I had been tutored by my midwife granny to always mark my menstrual cycle dates accurately.
I was perturbed after 4days from my due date, I still hadn't seen it.
I confided in my roommate, nma, about my suspicion and fear.
We agreed to get a pregnancy test strip to confirm. My fears were finally confirmed…double line on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd test-strip. I fell in nma’s arms crying. Annie later came around and I informed her of my predicament.
She felt pity for me. “But Sharon why? Didn’t you take porstinor-2 or any drug after you guys had sex?” she asked. I was obviously naïve of what she was talking about. I wanted to talk but I couldn’t. I was in serious pains. Nma told her I was a virgin till that weekend we travelled to Lagos. Annie opened her mouth wide in surprise.
“Awwwww my cute baby friend” she said in amusement trying to cheer me up but I wasn’t in the mood for that. Besides I had sex with Stanley 3times before we left Lagos for school, and he always told me he didn’t ejaculate inside me…that he is doing ‘coitus interruptus’. The words sounded strange but I believed him.
 I didn’t know there was a drug I was supposed to take…the thought of everything just brought tears to my eyes.


Examination was less than 4weeks away. How was I doing going to concentrate? What will I tell my parents? I was just 19years of age. “Shady! Don’t worry everything will be fine. Stop crying” nma said consoling me. “Have you told Stanley?” Annie asked. Nma informed her we just confirmed today.
I wasn’t in the mood to talk, I just left the bathroom and went into the room to lie on my bed. I felt my world was crumbling. If only I didn’t travel to Lagos, if only I was experienced enough to take some pills post-sex, if only…...
I met with Stanley later that day to inform him of the unfortunate development. “Stanley I am pregnant” I said to him bluntly.
He was still trying to digest the bomb I fed him with…”I thought you told me you didn’t ejaculate inside of me and you didn’t even get me drugs to take knowing fully well I was still a novice. Now see the result” I said shedding tears.
My love for him was somehow melting away.
I never planned for my life to be this way. Yes I wanted to have fun but not getting knocked up at 19.
 He tried to console me but he remembered that we were in the school premises.
My eyes were red and everyone that walked past us noticed.
I was looking rough and unkempt. Fashion and make-up were the least of my concern.
My life was gradually coming to an end and I could care less of my ravishing looks.
 You can’t beat a child and expect him or her not to cry.
He apologized for the development and assured me he did the ‘coitus interruptus’ but probably it failed.
I stared at him as he mumbled some incoherent words…at some point, all he said made zero sense to me.
All I wanted to hear was a solution not blabbing.
 He apologized for the umpteenth time and promised to get back to me soonest before we parted as it was already getting late.


Exams were fast approaching, I had to do assignments and read for my exams, which wasn’t easy because I had a lot on my mind.
 I had to always act normal so some nosy students especially the hall-reps and school authority don't suspect anything; besides, it was still in the early stage.
At some point, I felt like leaving school but Annie and nma encouraged me.
Few weeks later, after my 200level second semester exams, Stanley made arrangements with his family doctor and we flew to Lagos and I terminated the pregnancy.
I couldn’t bear the shame of going home to inform my parents and my grandma that I was pregnant.
My dad would disown me.
 I spent 7days in Lagos recuperating after the procedure.
It was the most painful experience I have had in my life.
I was in tears not only because of the shame of being pregnant but because I was clearly doing something wrong.
 It is a sin and it’s been preached against in church on several occasions.
 I was scared of losing my life too.
What if I die in the process?
My parents may not even know my whereabouts.


 But in the end, we’ve got to do what we’ve got to do… everyone has a story. Every face has something facing them.
I returned to Enugu after I recuperated.
I lied to my dad some of my exams were postponed so I had to stay back at school.
 Stanley dropped me off at the airport and we barely said a word to each other.
I still blame him for my predicament. Maybe I shouldn’t, but I needed to blame someone else but myself.
Anita came to Lagos to check on me, while nma returned to owerri to see her parents.
Her pastor dad personally came to school to pick her.
When I got home, my brothers were home.
It was August, so most schools were on holiday.
 Everyone were happy to see me including my grandma.
My mum prepared a sumptuous meal to welcome her ‘golden daughter’…...if only she knew what her daughter had done and gone through in the past 3months. My grandma complained that I had lost some weight but my boobs were bigger than it was when I left.
My heart skipped a bit.
She is a trained nurse/midwife, so she has an eye for slight changes in the female body.
 I blamed it on school stress and exams while my mum defended me on the enlarged breast…...its puberty.
But my grandma wasn’t convinced but she didn’t push any further.
Deep down she knew something was wrong. Just like the adage; what an elder sees while squatting…....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships : Public Ex

News: Cultists kill mate at girlfriend's birthday party

Bedmatics: Bedroom Tactics!