Relationships : In Pursuit Of True Love!!!

Canice,

My hands were quivering.
We were already at the restaurant waiting for her.
Jude could see that I was tensed. So he suggested I took some alcohol to calm my nerves.
My head no too strong for alcohol but I gats do something before this girl meets me this way.
So we called the attendant to give us star, otherwise known as Shine-Shine Bobo.
Oh well, it should have been I alone, but Jude needed his' too.
That dealt with the cash I had.
800 Naira has been reduced to 560 Naira.
A bottle of star was 120 Naira then.
E don tey sha.
.
Now I seem more confident. But I can feel the environment moving awkwardly in my eyes.
"Jude, I tell you say alcohol no dey good for me. This one wey every table for this restaurant don start to dey move so... Hmmm"
Jude re-assured me with his usual subtle jokes.
.
Then arrived our August visitor.
Edidiong was her name.
I met her at the hospital where I and Jude went to attend to his sick mum.
She ended up giving me her mum's number and also told me the exact time that I should call her.
I was already at the phone booth watching the time as it ticks towards the time my new catch gave me to call her.
While talking on phone, she had requested that I come on the date with my fair complexioned handsome friend. What could that mean?
But the fact that she has agreed for us to meet was enough for me.
.
On coming to our table, she smiled at us so romantically.
No...
I think the whole smile was for Jude as she didn't really look my way.
Well,
She finally came to me and greeted.
The date has just commenced.
It was then that I knew that the alcohol was really working in tandem with my mission.
.


We made our order.
Minutes later our table was filled with "assorted".
While I tried to engage Edidiong with some sweet conversation, she was busy asking Jude about himself.
I never knew...
I just never knew what this babe was doing to Jude's feet under the table, until she used her right feet to tickle my feet thinking it was Jude's.
I had to look under the table to be sure it wasn't a snake.
But she shockingly told me SORRY.
sorry?
I now looked more confused.
.
Well, the date ended with mixed feelings.
But the biggest mistake I made was to take my eyes off them when I was paying our bills.
Someone must have given someone his or her number, cos right now, the girl does not answer my calls at those times she told me she always stays with her mum's phone.
Infact, the last time I called the line, it was the mum that picked the phone and warned me sternly never to call that line again or she will arrest me with SSS.
Hearing SSS sent shivers down my spine.
I had heard that they were the most brutal of all security forces.
So I stopped calling.
.
The main shock of my life was when I needed money badly to travel to my Aunt's place in Onitsha in order to pressure her into convincing her friend to please help me gain admission into Anambra State University.
The cash with me then was just 90 Naira, the remains of the money I used for my date with Edidiong.
So I have come to see if Jude can scratch out 300 Naira for me, which I should be able to pay back when I come back, since that my Aunty never fails to give me good money each time I visited.
Jude had a rich uncle even though my friend can be stingy atimes.
But man has got to try his luck.
.
Knocking on the gate of their bungalow, There was relative silence.
So I started screaming his name as usual for him to come and open the gate for me.
That seemed to catch his attention.
On opening the gate, he was shocked to see me.
I knew Jude so well, the shock was kinda mixed with guilt.
For what? I asked myself..
Jude blocked my way as if to say I am not allowed to enter.
What was happening?
I and Jude are like brothers, so what would warrant me not having access into his house today.
When his father died the previous year, I literally lived with him and his sibling for weeks. People even mistook us to be blood relatives, but we were only friends.
Friendship made in heaven.
So I thought.
So what could be the problem now?
.
The distance between the gate and the corridor was not very far. Their house had little space as a compound.
When his dad was alive, he used to park his car outside.
So, I struggle my way to the veranda and sat down still wondering what has come over Jude.
I was confused about what to think; About the money I needed from
him
Or about the strange behaviour?
.
When I probed further, it seemed he couldn't bear the guilt anymore, as he confessed to me that Edidiong is here.
My own Edi.....
I paused a while.
I just needed to get myself together.
Why?
How?
It was at this time that my sweet angel came out to the corridor to join us.
Her face?........ Guiltless.
For the very first time, she smiled at me.
I mean, this time round, the smile was for me and me alone.
I melted at the beauty the contours of her face thru those skin lines, could produce.
This was what I had dreamt of all night.
I had even written a song for her.
It was a hell of a mixed feeling.
Not now Edi...
Why now?
My heart skipped.
.
"I'm so sorry bro... It wasn't my fault"
came the apology from Jude.
Well, did he really snatch her from me?
In real sense of it, I never really dated Edidiong right?
But I thought that a relationship kicks off after the first date?
A requirement I fulfilled, albeit with my last card.
.
Edidiong seemed happy.
It was when she opened her mouth to talk that I discovered why she smiled at me.
She told me that at the hospital, she never really wanted me. But it was my friend that she wanted.
So she decided to use me as a proxy.
Actually, she first offered Jude her mum's number but being pre-occupied with his mum's health issues, Jude would have none of that.
So I took it up from there and made her laugh with my dry jokes at the hospital.
I spent some money too.
Chai, Nwoke Anaaaaa....
.

She then appeared emotional as she begged me to allow her date Jude whom she called The Prince Of Her Life.
It was just words, but to me, it came as a huge slap.
Prince Of gini?
I felt used and useless all at the same time.
What a world!
.
I have never been lucky with love, at least as at the time this was happening.
I could remember; a drop of tear fell off my eyes as I turned to leave.
Jude held me back.
I pushed him away cos I knew I would have cried like a baby if I had stayed a little longer.
I ran towards the gate...
Behind me was my love
Behind me was friendship
Two important souls
Gone with the wind.
.
Today here I am...
Searching!
Searching for love
Searching for life
Searching for that special someone who won't pull an Edidiong on me again
Someone who will be true to me
.
Yes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships : Public Ex

News: Cultists kill mate at girlfriend's birthday party

Bedmatics: Bedroom Tactics!