Society : Who Do You Believe?

I met a cute guy sometime ago in the exam hall.
I never knew he was a student in my department. Never saw him.
According to him, he knows me well, sees me all the time and likes me but just didn't have that opportunity to make his move.
.
.
It was love at first sight.
Teeth, check.
Smile, check.
Lips, check.
Height, check.
Skin color, check.
Spoken words, check.
Nails, check.
Hair, check.
Body odor, check.

.
.
I knew I wanted to be his friend at least. After exams that day, we fixed a date for evening. He came to my hostel and we hung out at the school canteen.
.
.
We talked and talked and talked. I liked him. I wanted him. He was perfect.
He traveled to PH and I to Lagos. So we talked on phone every day, all the time.
We bonded like we have known ourselves for years, we even started talking marriage, not dating.
Lmao!
Then he asked me to be his girlfriend.
I was excited. It was like he proposed to me. I screamed YES!!!
.
.
Excited much, I told my ‪then‬ best friend. She knows him. She bluntly told me not to date him, that he has been asking her out for years but she refused and that's why he moved to me.
Ah!
She told me he's a player and how he sleeps with many girls.
I loved my best friend, I trusted her and I believed her.
Without hearing his side of the story, I concluded he did all that.
I sent him a long text message.
.
.
He called, I didn't pick.
Called for 2days, I didn't take his call.
He sent a text, told me, he won't deny he didn't ask her out. But said, what she told me wasn't what happened. He said, he asked her out when he newly was a student and because she was older in level, she refused to date him and instead of wasting time, he stopped disturbing her.
He said he just couldn't have kept pestering her for years for a relationship.
He also said, apart from her, he never bothered to ask any girl out again from our department.
Let me also say that I was in 200level then and he was in 400level.
.
.
Of course, I didn't believe him.
I won't take his side over my best friend's.
I told him to go.
He begged and told me to see reasons with him. He told me he asked her out years ago before I gained admission but I didn't believe him.
.
.
2years later, I met another guy from my department.
I never knew he was in my department (yes, I'm that anti-social)
So it happened that my best friend actually did the match making between him and I. I was skeptical about dating him because of how we met and who made it happen, but she gave us her blessings.
.
.
I was happy and it could be seen all over me.
Unknown to me, she wasn't cool with it.
She started telling me how he doesn't love me and how he's using me as a rebound chic.
How?
She said he's going about saying I'm not his girlfriend but his friend and how he's just managing me.
I mean? If she knew this, why did she bother match making us? I mean, if you know he's still in love with his ex, why make me fall for him and then date him?
She said I should break up.
.
.
Not so fast.
I loved this guy and wasn't ready to let go.
Besides, once bitten twice shy.
I won't break up just like that.
Let me hear from him and he should me man enough to be truthful.
.
.
Off I went to asking him face - face.
He said he thought I never loved him because my bestfriend told him so. And said I was using him as a rebound guy.
Interesting.
So I asked my best friend, she was angry I had a boyfriend that was taking my attention.
That shouldn't be a reason for  you to  try and  come between us.
.
.
I was glad I didn't conclude without knowing his side of the story.
Once bitten twice shy.
If I had concluded,I would have lost him too.
.
.
.
.
There are places I've found myself. There are people both in real life and Online that I've met and I defend them even though we are not friends anymore.
See, I know who they are when we were friends. If I hear anything that's said about them and I know they are not capable of doing what is said of them, I will defend them to the last.
Yes! I am like that.
.
.

I also try to hear from the other side.
There are things I may conclude on without knowing from the other person, this I'm not proud of. Take for instance, celeb news. There's no way in the world I can go confront them to ask if what is said of them is true or not. So I conclude.
.
.
But if it's a friend close or an acquaintance I will defend them.
There are many people, e-friends I've actually inboxed to hear their own side of the story and theirs is always very different.
.
.
So someone brings out a screen grab today and says, "this person is this and that" before you go about throwing insults and claiming that person is a this and that, have a re-think.
What if that part was captured to make the person look bad?
Just think!
.
.
Over time, I've learnt never to believe everything I read on the internet.
There are 5 sides to every story, not 3.
.
.
.
Bad stories of a person always comes out when he or she stops being friends with certain people.
Watch out for those people that say bad things about you when you stop being friends with them.
.
.

Always try and learn to hear from the other side.
Give that person the benefit of a doubt.
.
.
I'm just like ICE PRINCE. I will defend my friend(s) to the last.
Some people will stop at nothing to bring you down.
Ever since I've learnt that, I've also made up my mind never to be brought down and also stop at nothing to ensure my friends are never brought down.
.
.
.
So today, let me share what ‪#‎Phrank‬ (the first guy, his pet name I gave him) told me : "Always try to hear from the other person(side)"
.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships : Public Ex

News: Cultists kill mate at girlfriend's birthday party

Bedmatics: Bedroom Tactics!